Monday, November 2, 2009

Family

A friend of mine blogged about wanting one last visit with her grandparents who passed this year and it got me thinking about FAMILY.

Where would I be today without the love, support and enouragement of my family?
My family means the world to me and I make every effort I can each day to send a short text, e mail, or phone call to check in on those so close to my heart.

Sometimes when I am busy and rush off the phone with my husband, sister, etc...I start feeling bad later because I wonder, "What if that was the last call I ever had from them?" It is important to let those in your life know each and everyday that you love them. You never know when it will be the last time you will see them or speak to them. Life is so short and precious and is a gift to be treasured.

It is human nature to become consumed with our bills that need to be paid, floors that need to be cleaned, laundry that needs to be washed, groceries that need to be bought, etc....so I challenge you today to make every effort to put priorities in order and make sure that God and your family are at the top of your list. Thank God for blessing you with your family and all other things and let your family know how much you cherish them.

2 comments: