Thursday, November 19, 2009

Adopt a US Soldier

Last night I began finishing up Sydney's Christmas list and wrapping my Prince's Christmas gift. Matt and I exchange one gift on Christmas Eve each year. Yes, I am bad about doing 2 or 3 things for him, but in my defense, I see him go without all through the year to ensure Sydney and I have everything we need. Therefore, I feel the need to go a little over board for him. Shhh...don't tell him. That's between me and you. :)

This also made me think of all the soldiers who are deployed and won't get to be with their families for Christmas. This deeply saddens me. I can not imagine not being with my husaband or child on Thanksgiving or Christmas. But, what it comes down to is that's is the reality for many women and men this holiday season.
Matt and I have been debating different ways to give back this holiday season. There are so many options! What we decided to do was to adopt a US soldier who is currently deployed. I can't share this soldier's information with you due to privacy restrictions, but I can encourage you to do the same! We will be sending a care package to our soldier for Christmas just to let them know that we appreciate them so much! It is because of the men and women fighting for us that allows us to enjoy all of the luxuries we have. It doesn't cost much, but the gesture goes a long way. Always remember that my freedom, your freedom, our children's freedom does NOT come free!


Even if you can not afford to send a care package, I encourage you to send a card, an email...whatever you can do. The soldiers need to know we are still behind them.

This is the website I adopted on: adoptaussoldier.org
but you can google SO many different websites.

If you can do no more than say a special prayer for our troops, I encourage you to do that as well.


God Bless America



No comments:

Post a Comment