Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Daddy's Love


Today I began thinking about how much I love my daddy and how much he means to me. It doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing, I know that if I call him he will be there. He is tough yet has a sensitive heart, busy yet patient and straight forward yet kind.


He cares deeply for his children and supports all three of us in and decisions we have made for our lives.


He celebrates with us when we succeed in life and comforts us when we have let ourselves down....not let HIM down...but ourselves. He loves his children so very much and has a love like you have never witnessed for his grandchildren.


He is always there to lend a helping hand when he see's us helping ourselves. He also practices tough love when we are fallling short; which has made me, my sister and brother into the individuals we are today.


He worked so hard when we were growing up to give us all that we needed and a lot of what we wanted.


My most exciting memories from my childhood come from traveling with him. It didn't matter how long the ride was or where we were going, he found ways to make it fun whether it was a milkshake stop, a hike in the mountains or walking through a museum.


I can't imagine where I would be in life without my daddy. I thank God for blessing me with such an amazing dad.


So, daddy, I love you! You are so wonderful and you are my "bestest!"

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Cristin! She is home and had a BLAST and is already talking about going back :)

    ReplyDelete